Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Adventures of Queenstown

Our final destination in New Zealand was Queenstown. Queenstown is known as the adventure hotspot for tourists. They have everything from paragliding, nevis swings, sky diving, zip lining, jet boating, and my personal favorite bungy jumping. If you like things that get your adrenaline pumping, this is the place for you.

We had to leave Caitlins early in order to arrive in time for my scheduled bungy jump. I signed up for it months ago when we were planning our trip, and I couldn't have been more excited! However, taking the gondola up and seeing the ledge in real life... Made. Me. Terrified. I had watched several of the videos the company posted, but seeing it firsthand knowing that was about to be me made me want to catch the next gondola down the mountain. That being said, I also knew I would hate myself if I came to Queenstown and didn't follow through with it. So I nervously went and checked in, and just like that I was out on the ledge getting strapped in!

Just a glimpse of the INCREDIBLE views on the drive to Queenstown.
The AJ Hackett Ledge Bungy and all its glory 
"Look sis, I made it!"


After purchasing the pictures and video from my jump (highly recommend, they are the pics above) and shakily signing my name on my certificate, it was time to really enjoy the views and warm up with a snack. There is a restaurant at the top of the gondola that serves several delicious items. I got a banana, nutella crepe and a flat white. Perfection!

The weather was not the greatest our first day in Queenstown. During my bungy jump it was only sprinkling, but when I finished it began to down pour. Due to that we ended up getting a gondola refund and luge tickets for the next day. We finished off the night by going out for some drinks, and ended up meeting several people backpacking through New Zealand.

My sister and I stayed in a hostel called Absoloot Value Accommodation. It was across from the water (pics below) therefore had great views. It was new and very nice, and I would definitely stay again.

Hello, donuts!







Queenstown has an awesome luge that you can take the gondola, followed by chair lifts up to. Super fun with more views!

Anddddd that's a wrap! New Zealand was such an incredible, picturesque country! I had the best time exploring and I will most definitely be back in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment